Friday, November 13, 2015

How I ended up in Osaka, Japan

Our neighbors are also our landlord.  They are very kind people who really want to see the American family succeed here in Japan.  She is always coming over with some advice or suggestion on how to do this or that. 

A few weeks ago she came over to tell us about a trip her and her husband would be taking.  I was the only one home and my Japanese is getting better but I am still not ready for major conversations.  I listened and smiled as she talked about her trip.  At one point the conversation had stopped.  I had missed a question.  She was waiting on an answer.  I smiled and said "Yes!" in Japanese.  I figured it was best to be polite and positive.  Well, my friends, I had just agreed to go on vacation with our neighbors.

Here are some pictures from our trip to Osaka. 

Group Photo with Mr. and Mrs. Ogura

Sunrise at the beach


Exploring the cliffs

Osembe Factory (Japanese crackers)

Fisher man showing us how to cut a tuna for sushi.

When he was done we had FRESH sushi!  Yum!

Pickled plum factory - they are packaging them by hand.

Plums going in the vat to be pickled.

Lunch

After lunch we went to a near by temple

Washing her hands


Praying

Another group photo. 
We walked up all those steps to the temple.

A market worker and her baby!!

Orange picking




Learning how they make soy sauce at the "birth place of soy sauce"

Soy Sauce mascot
 

Eli and Rachal


Noah

The boys in front of a castel

Cute little shopping area made to look like Europe

Eli eating sushi

After a long day we were on our way back home!

1 comment: