Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Please be kind

I have been trying for several weeks to post this video to the blog.  I have tried everything and as a last resort I have now made a www.youtube.com account.  I will be posting more videos soon.  If you have something you would like to see let me know.  :)




To all my friends and family,

Here is a video I made this week.  I have had several questions about the grocery store and how much things cost.  So the kind person that I am, I decided to make a video.

A few things first . . . . .

1.  You can not make fun of me on the Internet.  In your homes - OK.  On facebook - not OK.  Among friends - OK.  In the comment section below - not OK. 

2.  It was very windy this day.  I am sorry about the noise.

3. As we go past the school you can see the cherry blossoms.  They are just now starting to bloom.  I will post pictures when they are in full bloom.

4.  I am trying to not get kicked out of the store.  So I am talking in low tones.  Might want to turn up the speakers.  Also because of the length of the video I had to speed it up in sections to make it shorter. 

5.  Please review #1!!  Only positive, happy things can be said!!!  And you must remember, before January it had been a very, very, very long time since I rode a bike!!

6.  Enjoy the video!!


http://youtu.be/E3VAnHLiHow

{PS- I am still learning about uploading videos.}





3 comments:

  1. OK so 23 people have viewed this no comments. I 'm not scared of Cristy so I'll ask questions. Tell us what the prices are close to in American money. To me the store looked very clean and organized. More so than what I see around here. Enjoyed seeing a part of your life and enjoyed hearing you converse in Japanese. The bike ride wasn't bad wish it could have been slower and heard you tell us where we were on the ride. Love it and Love you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Mom!!! Ok here you go for the price list. This is for this store by my house. I can get things a little cheaper at different stores on different days. Most stores have a "sale day" each week.

      Milk is 160 yen for a quart = $2, so about $8 a gallon. Ground beef is about 300 yen for about 200 grams = $3.50 for 1/2 a pound. Cereal is 178 yen for a "large" box 250 grams = $2.25 for a small American box. Peanut butter is 689 yen for 16 oz jar = $7.50 a jar.

      Most of what I would buy in America is either not available or very expensive. We have learned to make a little go a long way or to do without.

      Delete
  2. Good job Cristy. Ethan and I were cracking up at the cashier. She was a good sport!

    ReplyDelete