Wednesday, April 4, 2012

God was in the rain

Today was to be a picnic with my new friend.  We had planed to meet at a local park and have a picnic under the cherry blossoms.  We had planed for the kids to play on the play ground.  We had planed for the a few group pictures under the cherry blossoms.  We woke up this morning to rain and typhoon force winds.  We woke up to ruined plans of  playing in the park and pictures under the cherry blossoms. 


We decided to go to her house to have a picnic.  It turned out to be a good day.  We ate from our obentos, shared a snack and the kids played.  After a while the kids all moved into the playroom.  We began to talk about everyday stuff.  Then she asked me "What is Easter? Why is it celebration?"  The Lord has given me yet another opportunity to share the Gospel with her again.  For 45 minutes of uninterrupted quite, I was able to show her in the Bible about the cross.  I was able to share with her what Jesus did for her.  How he gave His life willingly for her.  I was able to show her about the Resurrection.  She was shocked to hear the Jesus "physically" was raised from the dead.  {she kept saying "physically? physically?"}   She had many questions again today. 

How old do you have to be to become a Christian? 
If I die will I go to heaven? 
What is sin? 
Why did Jesus take my punishment for sin? 

 She said her mother and father are Buddhist.  She told me, "I am still searching." 

So you see, God was in the rain.  At the park we might not have been able to talk uninterrupted.  Under the cherry blossoms the subject might not have come up about Easter.  I am thankful today for the rain!  She is looking forward to church on Sunday.  This will be her first Easter service and I am praying that maybe this Sunday will be the day she becomes a Christian.  The day she asks Jesus in her heart.  Please continue to pray with me for my friend.

Here are some pictures from our picnic at her house.

 Our obento (lunch box) filled with hot dogs, cucumber salad, and onigri (rice ball)

 About to eat lunch.  The kids are all ready to eat!!

 Rachal was a big help with the baby!

 The kids all enjoying the play room.

 Sweet girl

 Rachal with her new origami book mark.

 Group photo to remember our fun day!

All the kiddos!


God is good, all the time!

All the time, God is good!



3 comments:

  1. Oh Lord, YOU are soooo all over this relationship. YOU have gone to great lengths to put them together. Even the typhoon wind obeys you. Lord, we send our prayers there - they will arrive right on time - to the Easter service and the hours before and after. What a fertile ground for the seeds already sown.
    We believe for a great harvest. Bless the Wyatt's there in the middle of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen!!! Thank you for your prayers and kind words!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is also a good witness to all of us who read it and share your blessings with others. Thank you Lord for using my daughter and family n Japan.

    ReplyDelete