Friday, September 7, 2012

A vacuum

Another update on my Bible study with Junko.

Today we worked through lesson 7
Have You Discovered the Secret to Happiness?

We talked about what makes us happy.  {appear happy anyways}
  • at age 3 ice cream and candy make you happy.
  • at age 8 a new puppy will make you happy.
  • at age 20 a cool car will make you happy.
  • at age 35 a successful career will make you happy.
  • at age 65 good health and a nice pension will make you happy.

You see how it is always changing?  So what in life can make us happy?  Truly happy?

The answer is Jesus.


At the end of the lesson we read that Pascal, the great French physicist and philosopher said,



"There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God the Creator Himself, made known through Jesus Christ."



Junko said, "I have been searching for a god to make me happy since I was a little girl.  My mother said god is in everything.  Sometimes I am happy on my face but I am not satisfied yet." 



Isaiah 58:11
"And the LORD shall guide thee continually,
and satisfy thy soul in drought..."
 
Please keep praying for Junko.

No comments:

Post a Comment