Tuesday, July 2, 2013

I want to be a "Yes!" mom

There are so many thing in this world that we have to say NO to.  I hate that.  I wish I didn't have to.  Here is a typical day for me -

No, stop that!

No light sabers in the house!

Nope, we can't watch that show.

Sorry kids but no more video games today.

No we can't go to the store today.

No one goes outside until your chores are done.

No desert until you clean your plate. (OK with three boys I don't have to say that one very often!)

I said, No light sabers in the house!!



I feel like I spend more time saying NO than I do saying YES.

So this summer I plan to be a YES mom.

This does not mean I plan to let my children run around and be unruly.  This means that when I have to say no, I want to follow it up with "YES, lets do that instead!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Rachal has said for a while that she wants to color her hair.  I have been saying, "No, your too young."  "Why do you want to change your hair color?"  "Nope, not changing your hair."

She brought it up again over the weekend.  I talked to Mike to see what he thinks.  We decided that there are a lot more things out in this world that she could be "in to" or wanting to take part in.  And really, it's only hair.  Hair grows back.  I have colored my hair for years.  I always add blond highlights to my hair.  So why not?  Just for the summer.  So  I said YES!  Rachal was so excited.  We went to the store and began to look for the perfect color.



I forgot to take a "before" photo.
 This is the last picture I took of her with her hair down.
Hair color - light brown!


Let the fun times begin!!




I really did like the "foam" hair color.  Very easy to work with.
 
Finished color - Auburn
{Rachal was giving me dramatic poses for the blog}


More dramatic posing . . . .

In direct sunlight you can really see the red color.


 
 

simply beautiful


Later this week I will post of how I said YES to 4 crawdads living with us!!
Yikes!

Are you a YES mom?

1 comment:

  1. How did that little baby with her paci always in her mouth, grow up to be such a beautiful young lady. It is ok to say "yes" sometime. What a blessing. You are beautiful Rachal. Love you and miss you

    ReplyDelete