Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The growth



We have had a lot of rain these last few days.  At first I was happy.  Being from Texas we are raised to be happy when it rains.  We have many hot, dry summer days. 
Rain is refreshing. 



 I knew we were to get rain on Monday.  It was cloudy.  I checked the weather app on my kindle - "Rain after 10 am".  I got on my bike and headed to the store.  It was not even 9.  I would be fine.  About 5 minuets into my 12 minute ride, it begins to rain.  Not just a sprinkle, or even a mist.  But a good old, "Katy bar the door", bring in the pets, someone get the boat ready, rain!!  I was soaked when I got to the store.  At that moment I said, "The rainy season is not my favorite!"



Today the sun was shinning. 
As I hung the laundry outside I noticed our sunflower had opened. 


Rain brings growth.

Thank you Lord for the rainy season.  I know I am learning to trust you more, to lean on you more and to not trust the weather forecast!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment