Saturday, June 30, 2012

Italian, jazz, kimonos and line dancing!!

I know I have been posting a lot of stuff on the blog lately, but a lot has happened.

Last night we were invited to double date with Mike and Becky Winters.  We had Italian food and then went to a concert hosted by one of the men running for mayor in Nakagawa.  Of course I brought my camera along to get some pictures.  I was not planning on videoing anything so I didn't bring the Flip camera (small, portable and perfect for making a video on the go).  My camera does have a video setting but as you will see it's not as good as my Flip. 

We were able to hear a Japanese folk songs, modern pop music, see a kimono fashion show (I have decided I want a kimono), hear some jazz, and the best part - hear some country music!!  I was surprised when a country band came on stage.  Ok surprised is an under statement.  Tears filled my eyes, I got excited and almost jumped to my feet and yelled "Yeehaw!"  I refrained from the "Yeehaw", mostly because Mike was giving me the "Don't you dare!" stare.  You know the one when one eyebrow is raised a little higher and he does not even look like he wants to smile.  That's the one.  

I hope you enjoy the video. 





2 comments:

  1. Love it! I can only imagine how exciting it was to hear some country music :) Thank you for sharing, I love that we get to share in your adventures in Japan. Love you guys so very much and praying for you! Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jessica - I really enjoy getting to share our life with everyone. Thanks for the prayers we can always use them!!! Miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete