Monday, May 20, 2013

Baby news . . . . a prayer request

I have a feeling this will be my highest viewed blog post!
I also have a feeling my mother just had rapid heart beat and cold sweats!
 
NO, I am not pregnant. 
{I kind of wish I was, but that is for another blog post!}

 
My Japanese friend, Junko
(the one I have been doing Bible Study with) 
had a baby.
This sweet little baby girl is named Hanako.
Hana means flower in Japanese.
She was born May 5, Children's Day in Japan.
 
Please keep Junko and her family in your prayers. 
The last time we met for Bible study was March.
Now with the new baby I don't know when she
will be able to study with me again.
She has been given the Gospel but has yet to accept Christ.
She is worried about her husbands family.
He is the oldest son of a strong Buddhist family.
She asked me,
"Can I please be a Christian and a Buddhist?"
 
 
Another prayer request -
 
 
I have been given the opportunity to teach Sunday School all
Summer IN JAPANESE!
I am excited and scared all at the same time.
I said yes when asked.
But then Satan has had time to plant some seeds of doubt.
 
"Can I really do this?"
 
"Will the kids understand me?"
 
Will I understand the kids?"
 
"How will I be able to teach them when
I can hardly go shopping by myself?"
 
"Can I learn the words to 'Jesus Loves Me'?"
 
 
I know I CAN do this.
 
Philippians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
 
All things - even teach Sunday School in Japanese.
 
On June 2 please say a prayer for me.
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Precious baby girl. You can hold her and kiss on her then give her back to her Mom and go home!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete