Thursday, May 30, 2013

Happy Birthday Noah!!

I woke yesterday morning as my alarm was going off. 
In a morning haze of "make that dumb thing stop beeping" and figuring out I was no longer dreaming of a nice trip to Target.  I turned to Mike and said "You are an old man!"

His reply, "What?  That is rude for so early in the morning."

I then began to tell him that HIS son was turning 15 years old today.  Noah could not be my son because I still feel like I am 20-something.  No way am I old enough to have a child that is 15.  After a few minutes of talking and coming to terms with the fact that indeed I am old enough to have a 15 year old child.  I climbed out of bed and went to the kitchen to make banana bread and coffee for breakfast.

 


Dear Noah,

I really don't know how to put into words how proud I am of you.    You have grown into this amazing young man who has big dreams and goals for his life.  There have been times when you have made us all scratch our heads and wonder about you.  There have been times when I had to pray for grace in dealing with your "creative ideas".  I have spent many a night in prayer over you.  Many trips to the ER because of broken bones, cuts and your asthma.  But, you have made us laugh more times than not.  You have found an awesome way of finding the humor in everything.  Your "over the top" acting skills have even won you a fan club here in Japan.  I know that there is nothing in this world you can't do, if you put your mind to it.  Thanks for bring joy to our family!!

Love always and forever,
Mom



Mr. Adventure

11 years old

This is why we have had so many broken bones - crazy boy.

Caught a ball at the Springfield Cardinals game - 10 years old

13 years old - Noah fell in the mud!

Gone fishing - 11 years old

Noah and his Cello - 6th grade


14 years old

getting "in to" the photo shoot

Doing the Fan Dance at the summer festival last year.

Soda drinking contest - 2nd place


Buried Eli in the sand. 

Happy Birthday Noah!!


2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Noah!! You are a awesome young man and you make all of proud and you make all of us laugh. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noah... I feel miserable, but I LOVE YOU... my little soldier - Auntie Vicki

    ReplyDelete